The Tiptel.com GmbH Business Solutions in Ratingen near Düsseldorf is an internationally oriented manufacturer of telecommunications solutions. The devices for Internet, voice and data applications based on fixed, cordless and VoIP technologies are mainly sold in Europe.
Tiptel.com's product range currently includes comfort telephones, answering machines, call managers and voice mail systems, telephone systems, ergonomic and DECT telephones as well as solutions for Voice over IP. The range is predominantly marketed through qualified retailers, but there is also an onlineshop available.
The ergonomic telephones (mobile and fixed network) are characterized by large blackboard keyboards on a white background, which are also easy to use for people with limited visual acuity.
In addition to the German market, Tiptel.com has been represented by sister companies in the Netherlands (since 1993), Belgium and France (since 1997), subsidiaries in Switzerland (since 1998) and Austria. In these countries, more than 40 employees are employed. Tiptel.com also distributes its products through importers worldwide.
In 1973, Erhard Schäfer and Norbert Köhler founded the company as "Köhler + Schäfer Elektronik GbR". In times of the dialing dial, the automatic telephone number dialer TELEMAGIC 14 found such a large paragraph that in 1977 a new company building on Halskestraße 14 in Ratingen was obtained. Tiptel established itself in 1983 as a leading manufacturer of answering machines - a position which has been maintained to this day and has been expanded with call managers and VoiceMail systems. The company was transformed into a corporation, Tiptel Elektronik GmbH, in 1985.
In 1986, the production was converted to fully automated assembly. Since 1992, modern SMD (Surface Mounted Device) high-speed placement lines were used, which were extended in 1997. This enabled the production of electronic devices and assemblies. In 1991, Titpel became a stock corporation. The foundation stone for the new plant and today's company headquarters in Halskestraße 1 in Ratingen followed in 1992. In the same year, the product range was extended by cordless telephones, comfort telephones and extension systems. The introduction of the first ISDN telephone system, the ISDN telephones and the Tiptel radio alarm system were reported in 1996. In 1997, Tiptel took over the telecommunication department of Hagenuk and was thus faced with such difficulties that property was sold at the Ratingen headquarters. In 1999, the purchase was again repelled.
In 2000, the company entered the future market Voice over IP through a cooperation with innovaphone, which develops the hardware and software for the new technology. The first telephone system with ADSL router and wireless LAN was introduced in 2003. At this time, around 280 employees worked for the company, of which 85% were in Germany. In August 2005, a major restructuring of the company began. Erhard Schäfer, the co-founder and chairman of the supervisory board, acquired as a managing director of Robinco Treuhand GmbH & Co. Beteiligungs KG initially 49% of the Dutch subsidiary Tiptel b.v. And in October 2006 the remaining 51%; In November 2006 bought the Tiptel b.v. For its part, the French subsidiary Tiptel s.a.r.l. And the Belgian subsidiary Tiptel NV / SA.
On March 30, 2007, together with the subsidiary Deutsche Fernsprecher GmbH (DFG), based in Marburg, Germany, filed an insolvency petition for insolvency (DFG due to over-indebtedness) at the Düsseldorf District Court. On April 5, 2007, Jürgen Taplick, who had been deceased in 2014, previously the overall sales manager, was appointed a member of the supervisory board by the supervisory board. On September 1, Tiptel.com GmbH Business Solutions took over 36 employees, the brands and the two subsidiaries in Austria and Switzerland from TIPTEL AG; 68 employees took over Coronex Electronic GmbH. Both companies also assumed parts of the property and current assets and were the sole managing directors, Erhard Schäfer. They are both based in Ratingen. In November 2007 Jürgen Taplick (1960-2014) was appointed to the further managing director of Tiptel.com GmbH and Hans-Willi Langenkamp as the further managing director of Coronex Electronic GmbH. In January 2009, DFG Ergophone GmbH moved its headquarters from Ratingen to Marburg and replaced Deutsche Fernsprecher GmbH. Her sole managing director is Erhard Schäfer.
Tiptel.com GmbH is specialized in the development, marketing and distribution of information technology and telecommunication solutions, while Coronex Electronic GmbH, as a contract manufacturer, produces electronic devices and provides services in the area of support, service and logistics. Among other things, Coronex Electronic GmbH operates four assembly lines for surface-mounted devices.